Want to volunteer, but not sure if delivering meals is right for you? Don’t worry—we’ll find your perfect fit. With over 7,800 volunteers a year, LifeCare Alliance finds opportunities for everyone. Read on for some unique ways to get yourself, your family, small group, or work team involved:
1. Grocery Shopping for Seniors – This is a quick way to make a difference in someone’s life. Choose the day and area of town, and we will assign you a senior who needs groceries. After arriving at their house to get their list and payment method, you perform the shopping and then return with their groceries. Imagine how much stress you can relieve a homebound senior of by doing this simple task.
2. Senior Pet Care Route –If you love pets, this program is for you. Often, our clients have to choose between feeding themselves and their pets. That’s why we provide free pet food for qualifying clients. Sign up to make some pups and kitties happy and healthy by delivering their food! Deliveries are scheduled monthly and are flexible to work around your availability.
3. DJ-ing –Do you have DJ skills and want to spin some tunes at Carrie’s Café for one of our lunchtime dance parties?
4. Musical Entertainment—Do you play an instrument and would like to entertain our Dining Center clients with a little concert? Have we got a gig for you!
5. Crafting—Would you like to lead a craft or a knitting club? Our over 60 fun bunch will keep you in stiches.
6. Holiday Adopt-A-Client donations – Have any leftover gifts from the holidays lying around the house that you don’t know how to put to use? It’s not too early to regift them to our Holiday Adopt-a-Client program! You can donate gifts you won’t use, gift cards, knitted or crocheted items, excess blankets, and more.
7.-10. Use Your Imagination—There’s no limit to the joy and enrichment you can bring to a client’s life. Have a way you’d like to contribute? We’d love to hear your ideas!
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on these or other ways you can Join the Alliance!
Additional Articles from the February 2024 Newsletter
Click on titles to read more.