LifeCare Alliance welcomed about 20 local elected officials to participate in Meals-on-Wheels Community Champions Week.
Officials from Franklin, Marion, Logan, Madison and Champaign counties delivered Meals-on-Wheels, visiting members of their communities who are homebound and are unable to prepare their own meals.
We’d like to thank the following officials who participated with this effort.
- Grove City Mayor Ike Stage
- Dublin Mayor Greg Peterson
- State of Ohio Auditor Dave Yost
- Hilliard Mayor Don Schonhardt
- State Sen. Stephanie Kunze
- Joe Gilligan from U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown’s office
- Marion Mayor Scott Schertzer
- Erik McCarley and Trenton Weaver from U.S. Rep. Joyce Beatty’s office
- Columbus City Councilmember Jaiza Page
- Whitehall Mayor Kim Maggard
- Marion Police Chief Bill Collins and Chief Deputy Aaron Corwin
- Urbancrest Mayor Joseph L. Barnes
- State Rep. Hearcel Craig
- Champaign County Transit Manager Gary Ledford
- Champaign County Treasurer Robin Edwards
- London Police Chief Glenn A Nicol
- London Mayor Patrick Closser
- State Sen. Bob Hackett
- Madison County Commissioner David Hunter
- Columbus City Councilmember Michael Stinziano
Community Champions Week is part of nationwide effort to give businesses, organizations, governments, and volunteers an opportunity to support homebound seniors in a variety of ways to make America stronger and healthier.
Meals-on-Wheels is especially important to the Columbus community because it allows older adults and chronically ill persons the chance to stay in the comfort of their own homes by delivering meals to them 365 days a year. This allows our clients and their loved ones to have the peace of mind that someone is checking in on them daily while providing food and socialization.
Many of our clients were excited to have the unique experience of having one of these elected officials visit with them and deliver their meals during the March for Meals Community Champions week!