The Beat the Heat Fan Campaign benefits central Ohio’s most vulnerable residents during extreme heat emergencies. Last year, LifeCare Alliance collected and distributed more than 4,300 fans!
The public is asked to help by donating fans at their nearest fire station. (The program can only accept new fans because of safety issues.)
Staff and/or volunteers of LifeCare Alliance will retrieve the fans and transport them to a local facility to distribute them to individuals and families who need them most.
CALL OUR FAN HOTLINE!
WHY DONATE A FAN?
Older adults, medically challenged, and homebound individuals are more susceptible to heat exhaustion and heat stroke. A fan in a room can reduce the temperature up to 10 degrees.
HOW TO GET A FAN
Fans are distributed at LifeCare Alliance’s Harmon Avenue facility. Call the Fan Information Hotline at 614-437-2870. The hotline is updated daily with information on the next distribution event.
Present photo ID when picking up a fan. A representative may pick up a fan for a client unable to attend the distribution, and must provide the client’s ID. Due to limited supply, there is a limit of one fan per household.
FAN DISTRIBUTION PROCEDURES
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, LifeCare Alliance’s fan distributions will be drive-through events. Here are a few simple steps to receive your fan:
- Park at 670 Harmon Ave., Columbus, OH 43223.
- Enter through the doors for Carrie’s Café. Fan distributions will be held inside Carrie’s café.
- Staff/volunteers will hand you a fan receipt to fill out. Once your fan receipt is filled out, please take a seat and wait for your number, listed on the fan receipt to be called.
Staff/volunteers will be available to help you load your vehicle if needed.
How to Help
- Volunteers are needed to call fire stations 2-3 times a week, pick up donated fans and deliver them to our Harmon Avenue facility.
- Donate fans at your nearest Franklin County fire station, or at at 670 Harmon Avenue, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Donated fans must be new; used fans cannot be accepted as they are considered a fire hazard.
- Donate funds to help LifeCare Alliance purchase new fans. Donations may be made online here. Checks may be mailed to LifeCare Alliance, 1699 West Mound Street, Columbus, OH 43223.
Have questions about our Beat the Heat Fan Campaign?
Send us a message below.