Volunteer recruitment for the Meals-on-Wheels program in Champaign and Logan Counties. This may include recruiting volunteer delivery drivers, monitoring the documentation to meet funder requirements, reporting client and volunteer requests and concerns, providing training sessions, and scheduling visitors and staff to go on routes.
“An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer”
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Development Associate, Community Outreach
REPORTS TO: Director of Corporate & Community Engagement
This position’s first priority is volunteer recruitment for the Meals-on-Wheels program in Champaign and Logan Counties. This may include recruiting volunteer delivery drivers, monitoring the documentation to meet funder requirements, reporting client and volunteer requests and concerns, providing training sessions, and scheduling visitors and staff to go on routes. Additionally, this position may assist with assessments for active clients. Work requires attention to detail, customer relations, communication skills, interviewing skills, understanding of seniors and handicapped individuals, aging network and funding sources and an ability to handle multiple functions at one time. This position will have frequent contact with agency personnel, volunteers, clients, funders and case managers and the general public. Work performed will be of a professional and sometimes confidential nature. A positive and cooperative image and attitude is crucial, as well as independence and self-direction to accomplish its essential functions and responsibilities.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for assisting with the recruitment of volunteer delivery drivers.
- Responsible for assisting with daily coverage of volunteer routes.
- Responsible for securing volunteer driver documentation and producing reports.
- Responsible for assisting volunteer services staff with providing orientation ride-a-longs for student interns, agency visitors and newly hired agency personnel.
- Responsible for assessing clients and eligibility, including paperwork and follow-up.
- Performs other departmental and agency functions as necessary, including orientation and training of departmental staff, attending functions, participating in meetings and committees as necessary, route delivery and performing other assignments as required.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work in designated office site, meal sites, and client homes. Part time or full time opportunity, generally working between the hours of Agency opening and closing, Monday through Friday, some weekend and evening work may be required on a limited basis.
QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a minimum 1 year experience in an outreach/recruitment position or equivalent, and strong customer relations, multi-tasking skills and be detailed oriented.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of or ability to learn about counties served, including outreach.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse public, including older adults and handicapped individuals.
- Knowledge of community-based services and aging network in communities served.
- Ability to correctly and accurately document client information.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including basic computer skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, with discretion and integrity in handling confidential information.
- Ability to be flexible and cope with last minute schedule and route changes.
- Ability to use mature judgment in decision making.
- Ability to work with training materials, effectively conduct meetings and presentations.
- Ability to make home visits in neighborhoods of varying socioeconomic status.
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather conditions and to lift up to 25 pounds.