IMPACT Safety teaches emotional and physical skills necessary to help people reduce risk, prevent violence and make safe choices, so that we can all live and work with greater confidence.
IMPACT Safety has been developing and teaching interpersonal safety skills to diverse populations for 20 years.
The safety trainings offered to women, youths, those with disabilities, the elderly, and professionals in the workplace. IMPACT Safety’s expertise is recognized internationally as well as locally.
An Empowerment Approach
“IMPACT helped me find my voice, my body, and my POWER! I feel more comfortable in myself and going after what I want, need, and deserve!”
IMPACT Safety program participant
- We promote a range of ways to resist violence, with physical skills as a tool of last resort.
- We teach people how to manage the adrenaline response and range of emotions that usually accompany high-stress confrontations.
- We provide knowledge, skills, and tools that increase hope and that reduce risk through helping people identify and communicate personal boundaries in an assertive, confident manner.
- We support choices people make for survival, safety, and a sense of well-being.
- We teach direct, effective, easy to learn, physical techniques built on 40 years’ worth of research, experience, and expertise.
- We hold perpetrators solely responsible for their actions, and examine the socialization, and intersection of culture, race, class and gender as it relates to developing actionable choices for emotional and physical safety.
- We recognize that as individuals’ gain skill and confidence in communicating their emotional and physical boundaries, their voices can be a source of social change.
Is your teenager going to college this summer? Moving out on their own? Entering the workforce? Entering a intimate relationship? If the young person in your life is facing any…Read More
This transformational program will teach you practical skills to enhance your personal safety, increase your confidence, and prevent violence. You are capable and strong! Add to your safety toolbox with…Read More
This program teaches realistic interpersonal, emotional, and physical skills that addresses awareness, avoidance, de-escalation, and confrontation. The skills focus on both interactions with strangers and with those more likely to…Read More