IMPACT Safety teaches emotional and physical skills necessary to help people reduce risk, prevent violence and make safe choices, so that we can all live and work with greater confidence.
IMPACT Safety has been developing and teaching interpersonal safety skills to diverse populations for 20 years.
The safety trainings offered to women, youths, those with disabilities, the elderly, and professionals in the workplace. IMPACT Safety’s expertise is recognized internationally as well as locally.
An Empowerment Approach
“IMPACT helped me find my voice, my body, and my POWER! I feel more comfortable in myself and going after what I want, need, and deserve!”
IMPACT Safety program participant
- We promote a range of ways to resist violence, with physical skills as a tool of last resort.
- We teach people how to manage the adrenaline response and range of emotions that usually accompany high-stress confrontations.
- We provide knowledge, skills, and tools that increase hope and that reduce risk through helping people identify and communicate personal boundaries in an assertive, confident manner.
- We support choices people make for survival, safety, and a sense of well-being.
- We teach direct, effective, easy to learn, physical techniques built on 40 years’ worth of research, experience, and expertise.
- We hold perpetrators solely responsible for their actions, and examine the socialization, and intersection of culture, race, class and gender as it relates to developing actionable choices for emotional and physical safety.
- We recognize that as individuals’ gain skill and confidence in communicating their emotional and physical boundaries, their voices can be a source of social change.
Introduction to Empowered Safety and Self-Defense for Trauma Survivors
Nov. 3, 2019 – 1 p.m.
In this two-hour course, participants will learn to raise their awareness and enhance safety skills for preventing and responding to harassment, assault, and abuse.
Full Tuition: $90.00