Responsible for providing customer service support for clients, drivers, dining center coordinators, volunteers, case managers, case managers, kitchen, and other agency personnel.
“An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer”
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Customer Care Specialist
STATUS: Full-Time (40 hours per week) Including weekend rotation
LOCATION OF WORK: 670 Harmon Ave.
REPORTS TO: Nutrition Programs Operations Manager
This position is responsible for providing customer service support for clients, drivers, dining center coordinators, volunteers, case managers, kitchen, and other agency personnel. This position is responsible for documenting meal additions and cancellations for all active Nutrition Programs. This position is responsible for leading problem-solving efforts in the areas of driver and volunteer issues, meal delivery issues, and dining center issues. Work requires expertise in customer service, attention to detail, clerical, communication, and an ability to handle multiple functions at one time. This position will have frequent contact with agency personnel, volunteers, clients, funders and case managers, and the general public. This position requires an understanding of older adults and handicapped individuals. A positive and cooperative image and attitude is crucial for this position. Work performed is under the general supervision of the Nutrition Programs Operations Manager.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for providing a welcoming atmosphere and for providing daily telephone and in-person customer service support for clients, drivers, dining center coordinators, volunteers, case managers, kitchen staff, and other agency personnel in a friendly, efficient, professional manner.
- Responsible for documenting meal additions and cancellations for all active Nutrition Programs, including Meals-on-Wheels, Dining Centers, and Project OpenHand-Columbus.
- Responsible for providing documented meal additions/cancellations and service changes in a clear, accurate and efficient manner, as well as answering related questions from dining center coordinators.
- Responsible for communicating all client demographic changes to the Customer Service/Client Intake team.
- Responsible for serving as the first line of defense in resolving case manager, driver, and meal-related issues, and responsible for managing the manual re-order process of meals, working closely with the kitchen.
- Responsible for processing communications, such as case manager faxes and emails.
- Responsible for completing “not-at-home” and weekend volunteer driver confirmation calls on behalf of the driver’s supervisors.
- Responsible for providing back up coverage as a “Data Management Specialist” during peak times and in their absence. These duties include the following:
- Responsible for daily data entry as it relates to meal additions/cancellations, client service changes, and billing for all active Nutrition Programs, including Meals-on-Wheels, Dining Centers, and Project OpenHand-Columbus.
- Responsible for daily report generation and distribution, including packing slips, meal orders, delivery records.
- Responsible for running daily billing reports and for researching and reporting on billing discrepancies.
- Responsible for reviewing daily delivery records/client observations forms and for ensuring that needed corrections/alerts are communicated to the driver’s supervisors in a timely manner.
- Responsible for recording collected route meal temperatures electronically.
- Responsible for formatting, printing and distributing ongoing communication, including but not limited to volunteer, client and staff memos, weekly Dining Center attendance books, monthly Meals-on-Wheels and Dining Center menus, quarterly client contribution letters.
- Responsible for ensuring that filing is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
Work in agency office. Generally works eight scheduled hours between agency opening and closing, Sunday through Saturday, and holidays on a rotation schedule.
High school diploma or equivalent. Preferred completion of an Associate’s degree in business, secretarial science, or a related field. One year of customer service experience and data entry experience. Accurate typing of 40 wpm; basic word processing skills using Microsoft Word; basic database skills using Microsoft Access; basic database skills using Microsoft Excel; skill in operating office equipment. This employee must have strong customer relations, multi-task skills, and be detailed oriented.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate over the telephone and in person with a diverse public, including older adults and handicapped individuals.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to answer multi-line telephone system.
- Experience inputting accurate data into computer database and running reports.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with departmental staff, agency staff, clients, volunteers, and members of the community.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability to maintain discretion and integrity in handling confidential information.
- Ability to ask for supervisory assistance when needed.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines by following through completely on assigned tasks.