Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program
(SFMNP) : $50 Produce Boxes
Due to the continued COVID-19 pandemic, we will be delivering $50 produce boxes to eligible SFMNP participants accepted into the program throughout Summer 2021. The produce boxes are in place of the customary $50 worth of coupons that are eligible for use at area farmer’s markets and roadside stands.
Produce boxes will be delivered on a first come, first served basis. Funding is available to deliver produce boxes to approximately 5,500 central Ohioans. Boxes will be delivered between July and September 2021.
LifeCare Alliance administers the SFMNP on behalf of the Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging (COAAA).
This program is funded by the USDA, with additional support from the Franklin County Office on Aging and Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging.
Eligibility for the 2021 SFMNP Program
You are eligible for this program if you are 60 years of age or older AND have an annual household income that is 185% of the poverty level or less:
- 1 person in household: $0 – $ 23,828
- 2 persons in household: $0 – $32,227
- 3 persons in household: $0 – $40,626
- 4 persons in household: $0 – $49,025
- 5 persons in household: $0 – $57,424
- 6 persons in household: $0 – $65,823
These program details apply to those living in the following counties:
If you do not live in one of the above counties but meet the age and income requirements, please contact the Ohio Department on Aging to see if the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program operates in your area: https://aging.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/aging/care-and-living/health-and-safety/Health-and-safety-resources/senior-farmer-market
What is a $50 SFMNP Produce Box?
- LifeCare Alliance and the Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging are partnering with approximately 20 central Ohio farmers to bulk purchase locally grown fresh produce, herbs, and honey.
- Produce will be delivered to LifeCare Alliance for assembly July through September.
- Staff and volunteers will prepare individual boxes of $50 worth of items provided by the participating farmers.
- Staff and volunteers will deliver the produce boxes directly to eligible participants accepted into the program.
- Participants accepted into the program will be called and/or emailed the week of their delivery with a specific delivery date.
How to apply to receive a $50 SFMNP Produce Box
- Hard copy applications will be accepted by mail or by fax AFTER April 1, 2021.
- After April 1, 2021, applications may be faxed to 614-278-3143 or mailed to LifeCare Alliance, Attention: SFMNP, 670 Harmon Ave., Columbus, OH 43223.
- Applications may not be hand-delivered to LifeCare Alliance.
- Electronic applications will be accepted via the LifeCare Alliance website after April 1, 2021.
- The LifeCare Alliance website will have a fillable form that applicants can submit, and this information will come to the program electronically.
- Applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. As applications are received, they will be dated and time-stamped.
- Once LifeCare Alliance has reached our limit of applications for produce boxes available, we will initiate a waiting list.
- Due to volume, applicants are discouraged from calling regarding the status of his/her application. If you will be receiving a produce box, we will contact you with details on the delivery of your box.
How to get a 2021 SFMNP Application for a $50 Produce Box*
- DOWNLOAD – Click here to download the 2021 application. Please print and mail to the address on the application.
- ELECTRONIC FORM – Applicants may submit an electronic application by clicking here.
- CASE MANAGEMENT –If you typically work with your PASSPORT, Aetna, or Molina case manager to receive your coupons, please contact your case manager directly about applying for a 2021 SFMNP produce box.
- HARD COPY – Starting around 4/15/2021, paper copies of the applications will be available outside the main entrance of the following locations in each participating county:
- FRANKLIN – LifeCare Alliance, 670 Harmon Ave., Columbus, OH 43223
- FAIRFIELD – Meals-on-Wheels of Fairfield County, 1515 Cedar Hill Rd., Lancaster, OH 43130
- FAYETTE – Community Action Center, 1400 County Highway 22, Washington CH, OH 43160
- LICKING – County Aging Program, 1058 E. Main St., Newark, OH 43055
- MADISON – Madison County Health Department, 306 Lafayette St., London, OH 43140
- PICKAWAY – Community Action Organization, 469 E. Ohio St., Circleville, OH 43113
- UNION – Union County Senior Services, 940 London Ave., Suite 1800, Marysville, OH 43040
* LifeCare Alliance will not be mailing blank applications to those interested in receiving one.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program
(This is a voicemail-only number. Calls will be returned within 48 hours.)
Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Read the full USDA Nondiscrimination Statement.
See the following link for information on how to file a complaint: USDA Complaint Form