POSITION TITLE: Senior Customer Care Specialist EEO CODE: 06
REPORTS TO: Nutrition Programs Director
The Senior Customer Care Specialist is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities completed by the team of Customer Care Specialists. Work performed in this position will be of a complex, professional, and confidential nature. Work requires excellent communication skills, policy and procedure knowledge, ability to make decisions, and ability to handle multiple functions at one time. A positive and cooperative image is crucial for this position. Work performed is under the general supervision of the Nutrition Programs Director and in cooperation with other Nutrition Programs team members. This position will require a significant amount of independence and self-direction to accomplish its essential functions and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for providing supervisory and operational support. This includes overseeing and completing existing Customer Care Specialist processes; introducing new processes; and identifying operational issues and inefficiencies. Processes include but are not limited to the following:
- Delivery record printing, processing, and storage.
- Kitchen route orders and packing slip printing and processing.
- Customer not-at-home/wellbeing check documentation.
- Case manager and customer communication.
- Responsible for regular internal audits of returned delivery records to ensure proper billing, customer and case manager follow up, and driver compliance.
- Responsible for working closely with the Quality Assurance Manager to develop monthly productivity reports to determine team’s overall performance.
- Responsible for managing Customer Care Specialist staff. This includes the scheduling of weekend rotations, holidays, and vacations; interviewing and hiring of staff when needed; and approving timesheets for Customer Care Specialists.
- Performs other departmental and agency functions as necessary. This includes attending agency functions, attending and participating in departmental and other meetings as necessary, and performing other assignments as required.
Work in agency office. Generally works eight scheduled hours between agency opening and closing, Sunday through Saturday, and holidays on a rotation schedule.
High school diploma or equivalent. Preferred completion of an Associate’s degree in business, secretarial science, or a related field. Minimum of 2 years’ customer service experience and data entry experience; previous supervisory experience is preferred. Accurate typing of 40 wpm; basic word processing skills using Microsoft Word; basic database skills using Microsoft Excel; skill in operating office equipment. This employee must have strong customer relations, multi-task skills, and be detailed oriented.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate over the telephone and in person with a diverse public, including older adults and handicapped individuals.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to answer multi-line telephone system.
- Experience inputting accurate data into computer database and running reports.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with departmental staff, agency staff, clients, volunteers, and members of the community.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability to maintain discretion and integrity in handling confidential information.
- Ability to ask for supervisory assistance when needed.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines by following through completely on assigned tasks.