POSITION TITLE: Development Associate (Database)
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
This position will serve as an integral part of the Development team, working closely with fundraising efforts to coordinate all aspects of the donor database. This role will have frequent contact with donors, volunteers, and agency personnel; and is responsible for the majority of donor database functions in close collaboration with the Director of Development. Requires meticulous attention to detail, high level of accuracy, strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, as well as a friendly demeanor to communicate effectively. This position requires a professional demeanor. Work performed in this position will be of a professional and confidential nature. Work requires an understanding of office practices and an understanding of the agency. Work is performed under the supervision of the Director of Development and in cooperation with agency personnel. This position will require a significant amount of independence and self –direction.
Donor Database – Maintain the donor database according to best practices and team standards/style guidelines. This includes entering donations, donor information, and reports, as well as producing accurate outputs such as mailing lists and reports. Responsible for producing appropriate correspondence with donors regarding their donations on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis. Upholds database policies and procedures and holds the Advancement team to these procedures. Increase the optimization of the database in collaboration with the Director of Development.
- Gift Entry and Donation Coding – Responsible for coding and entering all donations for the agency, in alignment with fiscal guidelines, programs, and appeals.
- Thank You Letters – Responsible for the creation and coordination of all donation thank you letters, including those signed by the President & CEO.
- Gifts In-Kind – Responsible for in-kind donation processing and thank you letters.
- Reporting & Communication- Responsible for communicating with the Advancement Team about specifics of donations, pulling routine reports monthly/quarterly/annually for team metrics.
Annual Campaign – Work with Director of Development and team on fundraising campaigns, including list pulls, segmentation, and review, as well as ongoing maintenance for major donor giving societies.
Other Duties Assigned – Performs other departmental functions/assignments as necessary, including assisting the Development Team with events and annual appeals when needed.
Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least one year of database experience and general knowledge of fundraising best practices and standards; high attention to detail and accuracy; proficient knowledge of computer programs (Bloomerang and/or Raiser’s Edge preferred); ability to maximize database functionality to pull relevant and accurate information in an effective way; excellent customer service and communication skills.
Full time employment working forty hours per week, Monday through Friday; occasional weekend or evening hours for special/donor events throughout the year.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, coupled with critical thinking skills to make recommendations regarding data, donor movement and cultivation, and reporting procedures.
- Ability to act independently to organize, determine priorities, and implement assignments.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to maintain discretion and integrity in handling confidential information.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple job assignments received from multiple staff members. Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience answering incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages and handling a variety of callers.