POITION TITLE: Assistant Catering Manager
REPORTS TO: Catering Manager
Supervise all aspects of catering events, including set-up, event, and break down. Provide direct supervision between client and staff to ensure all details of event are done correctly. Directly responsible for all equipment and vehicles used for each event.
Ensure the safety and efficiency of staff by training and use of proper catering and serving techniques. Make up a supply sheet for all items needed for catering event from the BEO. Have catering coordinator review for accuracy. Review the BEO and the supply sheet to make sure that all items necessary for the event are pulled and properly loaded into the vehicle. Check off on all items by highlighting all items gathered, then checking it with an X once item is loaded into vehicle.
Coordinate with chef before leaving that everything has been checked off the food sheet and is properly loaded. Ensure cold food is being kept cold and all items are secure for travel. Review timeline of event with all vendors (bartenders, DJ, etc.) to make sure everyone understands the schedule for the events. Ensure that all items are packed correctly and organized after the event and gets back to the kitchen and is accounted for.
Work is performed in a variety of public and private settings that includes offices, private homes, businesses, public buildings and outdoor venues. Working hours and days vary between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., Sunday thru Saturday with split shifts.
- Must have valid Ohio driver’s license, vehicle available for agency use.
- Must be able to do manual work including heavy lifting up to 40 pounds, catering event set-up, clean-up and tearing down of sales displays and materials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.