POSITION TITLE: Team Leader (516)
REPORTS TO: Food Service Manager
This position is responsible for the oversight of work performed by team members in the food production facility. The Team Leader is responsible for assuring that meals and beverages are correctly assembled and packaged for delivery. The Team Leader is responsible for daily monitoring and recording of food temperatures. This position is responsible to follow and monitor established safe food handling and sanitation guidelines. Work requires attention to detail, good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to handle multiple functions at one time. This position will have frequent contact with all kitchen personnel. A positive and cooperative image and attitude is crucial for this position. This position requires a significant amount of independence, self-direction and self- discipline to accomplish the essential functions and responsibilities. Work is performed under the general supervision of a Manager or Food Service Supervisor.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES /ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for general oversight of work performed by team members in the food production facility.
- Responsible for assuring that meals and beverages are correctly assembled and packaged for delivery. Ensures meals remain attractive and neat by using departmental packaging procedures.
- Responsible for following and monitoring established department procedures for safe food handling and sanitation. Incorporates safe food handling practices into all job tasks. Document and monitors temperatures according to established procedures.
- Responsible for cleaning work areas as assigned.
- Responsible for completing other departmental and agency duties as assigned. This includes participating in departmental training, meetings and agency committees as assigned.
- Responsible for initializing and deactivating the security system as needed.
Work is performed in a large institutional kitchen. Works in refrigerated and freezer areas in the kitchen. Works scheduled hours per day between a.m. opening and p.m. closing, Monday through Friday with some weekends as assigned. Days off during the week will be scheduled when weekend work is required. Must work holidays as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Prefer one year of food service experience. Serv Safe certification is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and personal hygiene standards.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customers service skills a must.
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to maintain and promote effective working relationships with LifeCare Alliance staff, guests and clients.
- Ability to work in a team environment.