This position is responsible for delivering groceries and other assigned items to clients in central Ohio using personal vehicle.
“An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer”
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Pantry Driver – Columbus Cancer Clinic
LOCATION OF WORK: 670 Harmon Ave./CCC
REPORTS TO: Home Care Manager
This position is responsible for delivering groceries and other assigned items to clients in Central Ohio using personal vehicle. Work includes checking orders, loading and delivering pantry orders, and reporting of client communications and/or client/route problems to appropriate staff. Work requires an understanding of seniors and medically fragile individuals with attention to detailed written documentation, customer service, and communication skills. Work performed in this position will be of a confidential nature. Requires contact with clients, family members, other agency members as well as, the public. A positive and cooperative image and attitude is crucial for this position. Work performed under the general supervision of the Home Care Manager.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for delivering groceries, personal care items, durable medical equipment and nutritional supplements to clients in Central Ohio using personal vehicle. This includes checking orders and loading and unloading orders into client’s home.
- Responsible for delivering assigned routes in an efficient order, using mileage and timesaving techniques and informing the Pantry Coordinator when directions need updated.
- Responsible for recording delivery information, and reporting client and/or route problems to appropriate staff. This includes completing daily delivery records by documenting actual times of client’s delivery, recording odometer readings, recording actual time worked and mileage sheets, and completing driver observation reports as needed.
- Responsible for reporting client communications and/or client/route problems to appropriate staff on a daily basis and on a Driver Observation form as per program policy. This includes client cancellations, changes of status, and changes in client’s living or health conditions. Reports all client emergencies to the office immediately.
- Responsible for adhering to safety and sanitation guidelines. This includes following hand-washing procedures and keeping delivery vehicle clean and sanitary.
- Performs other departmental and agency functions as necessary. This includes assisting with the orientation and training of volunteers or other departmental staff, attending agency functions, attending and participating in departmental and other meetings and committees as necessary and performing other assignments as required.
Work is primarily in client homes, apartment buildings, and agency office. Work is generally performed between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Employee is required to travel in all types of weather conditions. Position is 24 -40 hours a week.
Must be 18 years old; own a reliable vehicle, valid Ohio Driver’s License, acceptable driving record, and adequate vehicle insurance. Must be able to lift 45 pounds. Must be able to read and write.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Central Ohio streets, roads and highways and ability to use navigation systems
- Ability to communicate in person with a diverse individuals, environments, and populations
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to correctly and accurately document client information
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with agency staff, clients, volunteers, and members of the community
- Ability to maintain discretion and integrity in handling confidential information
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office and Outlook
To be considered for this position, please click “Apply Now” below.