POSITION TITLE: Manager, Strategic Communications
REPORTS TO: Director of Strategic Communications
Are you a creative, strategic, organized, amazing storyteller who is ready for your next step professionally?
Are you anxious to put your communications skills to work for the benefit of your community?
Are you ready to help blaze a trail and expand the brand of one of central Ohio’s oldest and largest non-profits?
LifeCare Alliance serves older adults and individuals with medical challenges or disabilities within a five-county area in central Ohio. Maybe you’ve heard of our programs: Meals-on-Wheels, The Columbus Cancer Clinic, Project Open Hand, the Central Ohio Diabetes Association, or one of the other seven health and human services programs we lead. Our mission is to keep individuals nourished, safe, and independent, living in their own homes – right where they want to be.
This is an exciting time to join LifeCare Alliance as we look to rebrand the Agency and expand awareness of our programs and services. As the successful candidate, you are comfortable and experienced leading traditional, digital, email, and social communications programs. You’re experienced collaborating closely with graphic designers, writers, videographers, and other creatives to tell compelling stories. You’re a self-starter with energy and enthusiasm for your profession and for expanding your creative horizons.
Principal Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Collaborates with internal teams and program directors on strategies to drive brand awareness.
- Assesses marketing requests for completeness and prioritization.
- Acts as Account Executive for assigned Agency programs and departments to establish strategic priorities and plans.
- Serves as the Agency’s primary storyteller, interviewing clients and volunteers to develop narratives about the impact of Agency services to influence donors, volunteers, and stakeholders.
- Writes short- and long-form content, Web site copy, email campaigns, and video scripts.
- Works with graphic designer & video producer to deliver final content in polished form.
- Diligently edits and proofreads all copy for accuracy, grammar, and style.
Social & Digital Media
- Writes & updates current Web content.
- Develops & publishes email content, segmenting messages to directed audiences.
- Leads social media efforts – content development and engagement—across all major platforms.
- Tracks and reports on key metrics and recommends course corrections and adjustments.
- Stays current on evolving trends and best practices in the social and digital marketing space.
- Serves vital role within the Marketing & Brands team trafficking all projects the department is responsible for—from intake through production and delivery.
- Responsible for maintaining the production list and planner for all projects.
Other Duties as Assigned
Preferred Education and Demonstrated Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, or communications.
- 3-5 years’ experience in marketing communications or equivalent, agency experience a plus.
- Collaborative, creative team player.
- Highly attentive to detail.
- Portfolio of demonstrated results.
- Experience with Web site builder, social media management software, email publishing, and project management software a plus. Willingness to learn new platforms a must.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. Monday-Friday on-site.
Please submit resume AND portfolio of samples.