The Executive Catering and Events Sales Manager is responsible for the marketing and direct sales of the services for LA Catering & LifeCare Alliance. This position will develop strategies and plans of action to solicit new customers for our catering accounts and food service sale as well as maintain the current contracts with these accounts.
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”
STATUS: Full-time (40 hours a week)
LOCATION OF Work: 670 Harmon Avenue
REPORTS TO: Sr. Executive Catering & Meals Sales Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The Executive Catering and Events Sales Manager is responsible for the marketing and direct sales of the services for LA Catering & LifeCare Alliance. This position will develop strategies and plans of action to solicit new customers for our catering accounts and food service sale as well as maintain the current contracts with these accounts. This position will also create marketing materials to promote LA Catering and all food sales programs and work with development on approval of all materials. This position will have direct sales responsibilities and catering office administrative responsibilities related to contract/pricing negotiations, catering scheduling, logistics, setups and activities on the actual day of events as well as working with the operations team, when needed, to ensure each event is executed to the high standards of LA Catering. This position will represent the agency in various settings including regular presentations to potential customers throughout our service area. This position will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of ethical standards within the agency’s catering/food service sales and marketing activities.
Work performed in this position will be of a complex, professional and confidential nature. Work requires knowledge of food/ service/catering sales and marketing techniques as well as general business/financial and public speaking abilities. This position has constant contact with area businesses and individuals within the community. The Executive Catering and Events Sales Manager must be able to conduct agency business in a variety of public and private settings, including public speaking settings and must be able to handle multiple tasks and stressful situations while maintaining a professional and ethical demeanor at all times. A positive and cooperative image is crucial for this position. Work performed is under the general supervision of the Sr. Executive Catering & Sales Manager and in cooperation with the executive chef and catering manager and other LifeCare Administrative staff. This position will require a significant amount of independence and self direction.
- Responsible for direct sales for LA Catering, and all food service sales, identifying and making contact with companies & organizations for events and contracted meals. This would include identifying prospects from the community business board members, agency staff, volunteers, etc., and making direct contact thru personal visits, correspondence, group presentations, and agency events.
- Responsible for negotiating pricing and contracts based on established guidelines for all meal service programs. Maintain current customers and contracts, contacting various venues throughout the area and establishing relationships to become an approved caterer; and doing follow up calls/service to ensure satisfaction on all meal service programs.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing marketing materials for LA Catering and all meal programs.
- Responsible for managing the catering sales interns ensuring their administrative and clerical duties are successfully performed. This includes coordinating catering dates and activities, generating various catering and sales reports, communicating information to appropriate people regarding dates and needs for catering events and producing various reports related to volume of catering events, revenue/expense reports and other catering/sales information as required.
- Responsible for working selective large catering events and ensuring that events are set up and coordinated to the clients satisfaction. This includes doing a walk thru on these selected events troubleshooting to ensure events go smoothly and acting as a resource to ensure customer satisfaction with our catering service.
- Responsible for performing other duties as necessary. This includes serving on various agency and community committees as assigned, performing kitchen, meals on wheels or other agency duties/tasks as necessary or in emergency situations, representing the agency and participating in other agency events and fundraisers and representing the agency in the community as necessary.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a variety of public and private settings which would include offices, private homes, businesses, public buildings, and outdoor venues. Working hours are generally between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday – Friday but will include evening hours and weekend days and/or nights for catering events.
QUALIFICATIONS: Requires an associate’s degree in business administration, hospitality, food service, or related field and a minimum of 3 years in food service sales/catering. A bachelor’s degree is preferred. Must have valid Ohio driver’s license, vehicle available for Agency use, and adequate auto insurance. Must be able to do manual work including heavy lifting, catering event setup and cleanup, and setting up/tearing down of sales displays and materials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to a wide variety of individuals and groups.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with prospects/customers, board members, Agency staff, volunteers, and the general public.
- Ability to work independently and in a variety of settings
- Must have strong time management, negotiation, and organizational abilities.
- Must be able to do public speaking events and present a professional image.
- Must be able to think creatively.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to do heavy lifting and catering setup activities.
- Must possess strong ethical and professional standards.
- Must have strong computer skills and proficient in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Functions as a member of the management team. Promotes a professional image to all clients, vendors, and employees. Responsible for performing other department or agency functions as assigned. Represents the agency at various functions, participates on committees as assigned, and represents the kitchen by providing agency tours.
To apply for this position, click the link below.
LifeCare Alliance is a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace. We perform drug tests and criminal background checks on all prospective employees. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the hiring process.