Responsible for ensuring that meals are distributed to the proper recipient at the assigned time. Identifies potential trends, changes, and concerns related to the meal delivery aspect of operations.
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”
STATUS: Full-time (40 hours per week)
LOCATION OF Work: 670 Harmon Avenue
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager – Harmon Ave.
POSITION SUMMARY: An employee in this role is primarily responsible for ensuring that meals are distributed to the proper recipient at the assigned time. Identifies potential trends, changes, and concerns related to the meal delivery aspect of operations. This employee functions independently with general supervision by the Operations Manager.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Works directly with each van driver to ensure the receive the proper items and proper amount. This includes frozen, home delivered, dining center, and Meals-for-Kids sites. Also assists home delivery drivers with meals needed, and checking accuracy.
- Coordinating and placing cold, hot, and frozen coolers and bags together at the proper dock location.
- Identify potential trends or developing issues surrounding accurate meal delivery.
- Work directly with the kitchen staff daily being briefed on each day’s menu and secure any missing items. Work with other department staff on an as needed basis. Work with kitchen staff to get missing meals for home delivery and van drivers.
- Responsible for releasing each run after items have been checked for accuracy.
- Assists in the repacking of coolers and bags with Driver Supervisors.
- Attend meal quality assurance meetings presenting progress or updates as needed. Attend other meetings or events as required.
- Track equipment sent out from agency for complete and safe return from drop-off sites. (bags, coolers, hot packs)
- Performs all other duties as assigned such as serving on committees, working with other departments to accomplish goals, and serving as a consultant as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires ability for detail, accuracy, analysis, and procedure. An associate degree is acceptable with related experience. Valid drivers license; vehicle available for agency use; required amount auto insurance; and a good driving record.