This position manages the agency’s digital marketing efforts under the general supervision of the Director of Marketing and Brands. The position is responsible for agency websites, social media, and graphic design work.
“An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer”
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Digital Marketing Manager
STATUS: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
LOCATION OF WORK: 1699 W. Mound St.
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Brands
POSITION SUMMARY: This position manages the agency’s digital marketing efforts under the general supervision of the Director of Marketing and Brands. The position is responsible for agency websites, social media, and graphic design work. The successful candidate will be comfortable across Adobe Creative Suite programs and have an eye for both detailed accuracy and strategic design. This position will work closely with the Director of Marketing and Brands to ensure that the agency’s digital presence aligns with the broader strategy for brand positioning and marketing campaigns.
The position will support agency marketing and communications efforts across all areas as needed, along with the larger Advancement team for larger-scale events and team needs. As with all Advancement work, this position will have frequent contact with donors, volunteers, clients, agency personnel, and at times media partners. Work requires attention to detail, knowledge of special events, strong creative, writing, graphic, video, and communication skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. This position requires a professional demeanor at all times to project a positive image that is crucial to the success of the Agency. Work performed in this position will be of a professional and confidential nature. Work requires an understanding of general office practices and an understanding of the inner workings of the agency, its programs, and fundraising revenue. It also requires performing multiple tasks with multiple deadlines, some needing to be performed to meet multiple deadlines.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Digital Marketing and Communications
- Lead all digital marketing efforts for the agency, including social media, websites, e-newsletters, and in-house graphic design. Ensure that platforms are current, relevant, and accurate at all times.
- Plan, create, and edit agency marketing materials across all digital platforms according to agency’s brand standards, using platforms such as Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, social media, Buffer, Constant Contact, etc.
- Serve as lead team member for all digital marketing efforts and content creation, including serving as the primary point of contact for the agency’s Digital Marketing Sub-committee in collaboration with Director and VP.
- Create monthly content calendars to effectively plan and publish digital materials.
- Contribute regular content for all agency digital platforms.
- Maintain agency websites, blog, and online forms.
- Maintain accurate and complete file records to organize photos, graphics, flyers, etc.
- In-house graphic design efforts to develop traditional marketing materials.
- Track and measure digital metrics for monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Assist with video production as needed.
- Oversee successful process and pipeline for agency nominations to promote awareness in the community. Manage deadlines, submissions, communication with nominees, and award ceremonies.
- In collaboration with Director, support agency media efforts through social media platforms and online presence for press kit and other information as needed.
Support agency marketing efforts through designing internal fliers and pieces, as well as upholding procedures for on-time, successful, and on-target project completion and outcomes.
- Capture photos of agency activities, programs, clients, events.
- Create, schedule, and engage with posts across multiple social media platforms.
- Create regular blog posts to keep a well-populated platform, including relevant SME content
Other Duties as Assigned
As needed, all Advancement team members help to support corresponding areas for various events and activities in the fundraising and volunteer areas.
- Work with members of the Advancement team to support all fundraising efforts that may intersect with digital platforms and efforts. Support the team’s goal to increase visibility and accessibility to online giving.
- Update donor/volunteer database (for example, with nomination submissions) to ensure accurate records.
- Support the larger Advancement team as needed for volunteer groups and special service days. Be able to tour groups of any kind.
- Support agency fundraising events/galas when necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications (or related field) with relevant experience and proficiency managing and producing digital marketing content for varying audiences. Excellent customer service and communication skills, project management, creative design and strategic communication, proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, as well as standard programs such as Microsoft Office, database management, etc. General knowledge of website management preferred.
Full time employment working eight (8) hours per day, forty hours per week, between 8 a.m. opening and 5 p.m. closing, Monday through Friday; schedule may change to include potential early morning, weekend or evening hours.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of marketing and branding best practices, with an emphasis on digital marketing.
- Ability to create meaningful, strategic content for intended audiences.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, WordPress, Buffer, Constant Contact.
- Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail/accuracy, and follow through skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with both internal and external constituents.
- Ability to act independently to organize, determine priorities and implement assignments.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, staff members, volunteers, agency Board Members, clients, and members of the community.
- Ability to maintain discretion and integrity in handling confidential information.