This position will coordinate the agency’s digital marketing efforts under the general supervision of the Communications Manager. The position works primarily with creating and promoting content to share the various components of the agency’s work.
“An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer”
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Digital Marketing Coordinator
STATUS: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
LOCATION OF WORK: 1699 W. Mound St.
REPORTS TO: Communications Manager
This position will coordinate the agency’s digital marketing efforts under the general supervision of the Communications Manager. The position works primarily with creating and promoting content to share the various components of the agency’s work. The successful candidate will be comfortable across Adobe Creative Suite programs, with a high level of proficiency in filming and editing videos. In addition, the position will regularly operate across the agency’s digital platforms such as website and social media. The position will also support agency marketing and communications efforts across all areas as needed, along with the larger Advancement team for larger-scale events and team needs. As with all Advancement work, this position will have frequent contact with donors, volunteers, clients, agency personnel, and at times media partners. Work requires attention to detail, knowledge of special events, strong creative, writing, graphic, video, and communication skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. This position requires a professional demeanor at all times to project a positive image that is crucial to the success of the Agency. Work performed in this position will be of a professional and confidential nature. Work requires an understanding of general office practices and an understanding of the inner workings of the agency, its programs, and fundraising revenue. It also requires performing multiple tasks with multiple deadlines, some needing to be performed to meet multiple deadlines.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Digital Marketing and Communications
- Plan, create, and edit agency marketing materials across all digital platforms according to agency’s brand standards, using platforms such as Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, social media, Buffer, Constant Contact, etc.
- Serve as lead team member for all video creation, including content/script outline, filming, editing, rendering to produce agency videos.
- Create monthly content calendars to effectively plan and publish digital materials.
- Contribute regular content for all agency digital platforms, and other areas of marketing as needed.
- Assist with website updates.
- Assist in developing traditional marketing materials.
- Track and measure digital metrics for monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Coordinate agency nominations to promote awareness in the community. Manage deadlines, submissions, communication with nominees, and award ceremonies.
- Create, schedule, and engage with posts across multiple social media platforms.
- Create regular blog posts to keep a well-populated platform.
- Develop subject matter expert material as it pertains to agency programming/relevant areas.
Fundraising, Events, and Volunteers
- Work with members of the Advancement team to support all fundraising efforts that may intersect with digital platforms and efforts. Support the team’s goal to increase visibility and accessibility to online giving.
- Update donor/volunteer database (for example, with nomination submissions) to ensure accurate records.
- Support the larger Advancement team as needed for volunteer groups and special service days. Be able to tour groups of any kind.
- Support agency fundraising events/galas when necessary.
Bachelor’s degree preferred with relevant experience and proficiency at creating and producing digital content for varying audiences, including video production. Excellent customer service and communication skills, project management, creative design and storytelling, proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, as well as standard programs such as Microsoft Office, database management, etc. General knowledge of website management preferred.
Full time employment working eight (8) hours per day, forty hours per week, between 8 a.m. opening and 5 p.m. closing, Monday through Friday; schedule may change to include potential early morning, weekend or evening hours.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of marketing and branding best practices, with an emphasis on digital and video content.
- Ability to create meaningful, strategic content for intended audience; emphasis on storytelling through video.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Premiere Pro), Microsoft Office, WordPress, Constant Contact.
- Strong organizational, time management, and follow through skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with both internal and external constituents.
- Ability to act independently to organize, determine priorities and implement assignments.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, staff members, volunteers, agency Board Members, clients, and members of the community.
- Ability to maintain discretion and integrity in handling confidential information.