“An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer”
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Development Coordinator
STATUS: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
LOCATION OF WORK: 1699 W. Mound St.
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
This position will serve as an integral part of the Development team, working closely with fundraising efforts to coordinate all aspects of annual fundraising. This role will have frequent contact with donors, volunteers, and agency personnel; and is responsible for the majority of annual appeals in close collaboration with the Director of Development. Requires strong writing skills, attention to detail, high level of accuracy, strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, as well as a friendly demeanor to communicate effectively across departments. Work performed in this position will be of a professional and confidential nature. Work requires an understanding of office practices and an understanding of the agency and its programs. Work is performed under the supervision of the Director of Development and in cooperation with agency personnel.
- Annual Appeal – Guide the process for five annual fundraising appeals from idea stage to donors. This includes working with the marketing department on a concept, working on lists and segmentation with the Development Associate (data) and keeping all stakeholders informed through the process. Responsible for producing appropriate correspondence with donors.
- Donor Relations – Responsible for stewardship and relationship management of new and existing donors. Identify prospects from our current donors to contact and build relationships. Communications to donors including email, phone calls, letters, and marketing materials in collaboration with the Marketing department and the Director of Development.
- Other Duties Assigned – Performs other departmental functions/assignments as necessary, including assisting the Development Team with events and other projects when needed.
Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least one year of Development or Advancement experience and general knowledge of fundraising best practices and standards; high attention to detail and accuracy; proficient knowledge of computer programs (Bloomerang and/or Raiser’s Edge preferred); excellent customer service and communication skills.
Full time employment working forty hours per week, Monday through Friday; occasional weekend or evening hours for special/donor events throughout the year.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, coupled with critical thinking skills to make recommendations regarding data, donor movement and cultivation, and reporting procedures.
- Ability to act independently to organize, determine priorities, and implement assignments.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple job assignments received from multiple staff members. Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience answering incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages and handling a variety of callers.