This position heavily supports Director of Advancement with individual donor engagement, cultivation, outreach, special events, and donor database. This position also supports Agency marketing efforts, while engaging with the broader Agency Development team to assist with other duties as assigned.
“An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer”
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Development Assistant
STATUS: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
LOCATION OF WORK: 1699 W. Mound St.
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
This position will serve as an integral part of the Development team, working closely with both the Development Team. This role will have frequent contact with donors, volunteers, and agency personnel. Requires strong writing skills, attention to detail, high level of accuracy, strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, as well as a friendly demeanor to communicate effectively across departments. Work performed in this position will be of a professional and confidential nature. Work requires an understanding of office practices and an understanding of the agency and its programs. Work is performed under the supervision of the Director of Development and in cooperation with agency personnel.
- Advancement Services – Assist the development office with communication, scheduling, preparation for meetings, and other special projects. Provide support functions for the Vice President for Advancement and the President and CEO as needed. Communication to external and internal partners on a daily basis.
- Events – Assist with and organize various event projects in cooperation with the Development Manager.
- Other Duties Assigned – Performs other departmental functions/assignments as necessary, including assisting the Development Team with events and other projects when needed.
Bachelor’s degree preferred; high attention to detail and accuracy; proficient knowledge of computer programs (Bloomerang and/or Raiser’s Edge preferred); excellent customer service and communication skills.
Full time employment working forty hours per week, Monday through Friday; occasional weekend or evening hours for special/donor events throughout the year.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, coupled with critical thinking skills to make recommendations regarding data, donor movement and cultivation, and reporting procedures.
- Ability to act independently to organize, determine priorities, and implement assignments.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple job assignments received from multiple staff members. Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience answering incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages and handling a variety of callers.