“An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer”
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Camp Nutrition Coordinator / Wellness Registered Dietitian
STATUS: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
LOCATION OF WORK: 1699 W. Mound St.
REPORTS TO: Wellness Director
An employee in this position performs work of a complex and professional nature. This will be a unique opportunity to not only function as the registered dietitian at a camp for children with diabetes as well as performing wellness programming the rest of the year (community and corporate work). Employee is responsible for development, dissemination of nutrition education materials and education programs for use by agency clients, staff and general public. Employee is responsible for assessing individual’s nutritional needs, and working with clients and community agencies to coordinate services. Employee provides comprehensive nutrition services including health promotion, disease prevention, and Medical Nutrition Therapy to clients, individuals and groups to maximize their health and independence.
For camp: Employee shall provide the services of the Camp Nutrition Coordinator.
With the Camp Committee, and Youth and Family Program Director, achieve annual operating goals, including camp nutrition program, risk management, accreditation, personnel management, and maintenance of camp assets.
- Oversee the recruitment and hiring process for Camp Hamwi Nutrition Staff, including but not limited to sourcing of candidates, attending recruiting events, interviewing and screening of candidates, and selection of new hires.
- Collaborate with Human Resources and Youth and Family Program Director in the creation and distribution of offer letters, the processing of new hire paperwork and finalization of personnel files.
- Mentor and coach camp staff in best practices according to the American Camp Association and the Diabetes Education and Camping Association.
- Promote incorporation of camp outcomes with staff and volunteers in the implementation of their jobs.
- Review of previous year’s menu and make necessary adjustments.
- Review each individual camper, volunteer and staff member’s specific dietary needs and implement plans to make sure that all necessary dietary needs are ordered and covered through the menu.
- Collaborate with the LifeCare Alliance team in regards to meal planning and ordering.
- Collaborate with the host camps (i.e. Camp Mohaven) regarding any facility needs specific to the nutrition program.
- Work with dietetic students to plan and implement learning sessions for camp.
- Work with the Nutrition Staff to maintain an accurate inventory
- Coordinate with Mohaven in regards to storage space required for Camp Hamwi and enforcing an adequate amount of said space
- Compile statistics and reports to assess and evaluate the success of the nutrition program.
- Utilize online survey tool to gather Nutrition Staff feedback.
- Make recommendations for the next camp session
- Maintain statistics, records, and administrative paperwork as required for fund raising and reporting efforts.
- Manage the registration process and logistics related to summer camps via CampDoc software. Provide the highest level of customer service to parents/guardians, staff and children enrolled in camps specific to their nutrition needs.
On-site at Camp
- Report daily to the Youth and Family Program Director regarding day to day operations of nutrition program
- Assist with set up and break down of the camp nutrition program
- Assist the Camp Director with the administration, management and supervision of a comprehensive summer camp program, from a nutrition stand point, serving children aged 3-17.
- Assist the Youth and Family Program Director in planning, organization, execution and evaluation of a formal training program for Nutrition Staff.
- During camp weeks, enforce program policies, procedures and regulations.
- Recognize and respond effectively to emergencies. Responsible for risk management.
- Maintain food storage inventory
- Assist in planning and coordinating nutrition learning sessions
- Oversee Camp Hamwi nutrition team and effectively handle any issues that arise
For Wellness Nutrition work:
Principle Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Responsible for providing Medical Nutrition Therapy to LifeCare Alliance community and corporate clients.
- Reviews Nutrition Screens completed by program staff. Provides appropriate assessment and intervention. Consults with referring agency staff or other community program sources regarding client need for Medical Nutrition Therapy.
- Provides diabetes, weight management, and other medical nutrition therapy education in the community and corporate setting to both individuals and groups.
- Develops/maintains inventory of nutrition education materials for clients, general public and corporate wellness clients. Reviews all externally produced nutrition education materials used in the agency.
- Responsible for development and presentation of nutrition related programs for Wellness Center groups, in-services for LifeCare Alliance staff and outreach to clients, general public and companies.
Work setting will be in office and the community including but not limited to home visits, wellness centers, dining centers and corporate wellness sites. Personal vehicle required for travel. Position requires driving to and from locations within the community in all types of weather conditions. Work is generally between agency opening and closing (8am – 4:30pm), Monday through Friday with occasional evenings.
Candidate must be a registered dietitian and a licensed dietitian in the state of Ohio. At least two to five years of experience or master’s degree with one year of experience in adult, clinical, and community nutrition preferred. vehicle available for agency use, valid Ohio driver’s license, a good driving record and adequate auto insurance.